Waste & Recycling
Hurstville City Council provides waste and recycling services to residential properties in the Hurstville Local Government Area. These services are carried out on Tuesdays and Fridays, across two collection zones.
What Collection Zone am I in?
To find out what day your bin is collected you can visit the My Services. Simply type in your residential address for details on your waste collection.
Alternatively you can click on these maps to find out what day your bin will be collected.
Tuesday Zone A (522.06kB) 2016 Waste Calendar Zone A Tuesday (1.98MB)
Tuesday Zone B (473.95kB) 2016 Waste Calendar Zone B Tuesday (1.98MB)
Friday Zone A (248.69kB) 2016 Waste Calendar Zone A Friday (1.98MB)
Friday Zone B1 (240.23kB) Friday Zone B2 (308.06kB) 2016 Waste Calendar Zone B Friday (1.98MB)
Single Dwelling Houses, Townhouses, Villas and Dual Occupancies
- 120L red lid general household garbage bin. Collected weekly.
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative week to garden organics waste collection service.
- 240L green lid garden organics bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative week to recycling collection service.
- Two On Call Household Clean Up collections per calendar year.
Multi Unit Dwellings
- 240L red lid general household garbage bin - shared between 4 units. Collected twice weekly.
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin - shared between 3 units. Collected weekly.
- Two On Call Household Clean Up collections per unit block per calendar year.
- All unit blocks are provided with a "wheel in, wheel out" service. Your bins are collected from the bin storage, presented to the street for emptying then returned to the bin storage area.
- It is the responsibility of the Body Corporate/Strata Managers to ensure the bin storage areas are always accessible. Council's waste collectors WILL NOT remove bags of rubbish or material on the floor of the bin storage areas - nor will they risk injury if access is blocked by large items dumped in the area.
Council can provide a competitively priced Commercial Waste & Recycling Service to any business operating in the Hurstville local government area. A variety of bin sizes and payment options are available.
For all inquiries regarding your waste service - including stolen, lost or damaged bins, missed services, or to book a clean up please contact the
Waste Hotline on 1800 079 390
For new services or additional bins contact Council's Waste Projects Officer on
9330 6222 Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm
FAQs on Waste - Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs on Recycling - Frequently Asked Questions
What's in the bins of HCC residents (679.21kB) - results of the June 2008 Domestic Waste Audit.