Waste & Recycling
Hurstville City Council provides the following waste services to residential properties in the Hurstville Local Government Area:
Single Dwelling Houses, Townhouses, Villas and Dual Occupancies
To view the 2015-2016 Waste and Recycling Calendar for Tuesday collections click here 2015-2016 Waste Calendar Tues Zone A (509.94kB) 2015-2016 Waste Calendar Tues Zone B (509.93kB)
To view the 2015-2016 Waste and Recycling Calendar for Friday collections click here 2015-2016 Waste Calendar Friday Zone A (509.95kB) 2015-2016 Waste Calendar Friday Zone B (509.96kB)
- 120L red lid general household garbage bin. Collected weekly.
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative week to garden organics waste collection service.
- 240L green lid garden organics bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative week to recycling collection service.
- Two On Call Household Clean Up collections per calendar year.
- Additional bins are available for larger households. Fees are applicable. Download the Residential Waste and Recycling Services Application form here 2015-2016 Residential Waste & Recycling Application Form (111.30kB)
- Multi Unit Dwellings
- 240L red lid general household garbage bin - shared between 4 units. Collected twice weekly.
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin - shared between 3 units. Collected weekly.
- Two On Call Household Clean Up collections per unit block per calendar year.
- Garden organics bins are available to unit blocks on request to Council by Strata/Property Managers or Body Corporate representatives. Fees are applicable. Download the Residential Waste and Recycling Services Application form here 2015-2016 Residential Waste & Recycling Application Form (111.30kB)
- All unit blocks are provided with a "wheel in, wheel out" service. Your bins are collected from the bin storage, presented to the street for emptying then returned to the bin storage area.
- It is the responsibility of the Body Corporate/Strata Managers to ensure the bin storage areas are always accessible. Council's waste collectors WILL NOT remove bags of rubbish or material on the floor of the bin storage areas - nor will they risk injury if access is blocked by large items dumped in the area.
Council can provide a competitively priced Commercial Waste & Recycling Service to any business operating in the Hurstville local government area. A variety of bin sizes and payment options are available. Download an application form here Commercial Waste and Recycling Services (315.79kB)
For all inquiries regarding your waste service - including stolen, lost or damaged bins, missed services, or to book a clean up please contact the
Waste Hotline on 1800 079 390
For new services or additional bins contact Council's Waste Projects Officer on
9330 6222 Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm
FAQs on Waste - Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs on Recycling - Frequently Asked Questions
What's in the bins of HCC residents (679.21kB) - results of the June 2008 Domestic Waste Audit.