Georges River Council
Skip navigation

Penalty Infringement Notices

Hurstville City Council issues Penalty Infringement Notices (PINs) for breaches of Council policies and state legislation. PINs are also known as on-the-spot fines.

When someone receives a PIN, there is no criminal conviction recorded against them.

Appealing a fine

Once Council issues a PIN, it cannot reverse it. You can, however, request that the NSW State Debt Recovery Office review your fine and, when warranted, reverse it.  

To have a PIN reversed, you must provide evidence that it has been incorrectly issued. The Debt Recovery Office will forward your request to Council for review, and we consider it before advising them of our decision.  

More information

NSW State Debt Recovery Office - fine process, online payment and fine review.

Email a friend…Close this form

* Mandatory fields