Georges River Council
Skip navigation

Food Business Registration

When a food business opens or changes owners in Hurstville City Council area, the NSW Food Authority (State Government) and Hurstville City Council must be notified. Not notifying a new food business or change of business details (including change of owner) is an offence under the Food Act 2003.

Steps to take

To notify Hurstville City Council of a new food premises or update food business details, complete and submit to Council the Food Premises Registration form.  This registration is fee free.

To notify the NSW Food Authority of a new food premises or update food business details, complete the Notification & Food Safety Information System. Once completed, you will receive a 'notification number', which you should print off and keep readily available to show authorised officers when they inspect your food premises.  This registration is also fee free.     

More information  

Food Act 2003 - Food Standard Code 3.2.2 (Division 2, Clause 4) outlines your responsibility to register your food business with Council and notify the NSW Food Authority. 

Email a friend…Close this form

* Mandatory fields