The Demolition Code contains all the rules for demolition and removal in one place and set outs the following:
- Circumstances under which demolition and removal can be carried out
- Development standards for demolition and removal
- Conditions which must be adhered to when carrying out demolition works
Under the Demolition Code, the following can be demolished or removed as Complying Development:
- A dwelling;
- Ancillary development;
- An industrial building; and
- A commercial building that would be complying development under the General Commercial and Industrial Code.
Demolition cannot be undertaken on heritage items or draft heritage items.
NSW Department of Planning - Fact Sheet 7- Demolition