Hurstville City Council’s Community Services team includes aged, disability, youth, multicultural, Indigenous and cultural community development specialists. It works to strengthen local communities and enhance quality of life and wellbeing by increasing inclusion and engagement through services such as:
- community information and referrals
- organisational support and development for community organisations
- co-ordination, support and assistance with regional forums and interagency meetings
- cultural planning and event co-ordination
Council's Community Service team co-ordinates:
Council seeks to work in partnership with other community service providers in the region to develop programs and policies that respond to the changing needs of community members. We are always looking for ways to increase community participation in service, policy and program development, by:
- fostering inclusion and respect for diversity
- advocating to different levels of government to improve service provision
- addressing disadvantage
- promoting principles of social justice, access and equity.
To find out more about Council's community services, telephone the Community Services team on 02 9330 6222.